Saturday 17 December 2011

On the 6th day of Christmas, my trainer gave to me...

So we are at the 6th day, half way to Santa day. So still time to get some of those last minute pressies, and since I'm such a nice guy, I have half a dozen ideas for gifts for the folks you've forgotten, not got round to yet!

1. TRX - Awesome piece of kit. Take it anywhere, do almost anything with it! Easy to pack and with the door anchor you have no excuse not to get your workout in wherever you may find yourself!

2. Minimalist shoes - New Balance are my shoe of choice at the moment. The best thing I've ever done for my feet, super comfy, no heel lift and they look pretty good too. Taking away the heel lift and getting your feet back into the position they have evolved to be in. thats got to be a good thing right?

3. Egg poachers - I love eggs, especially poached, mmmmm! Since they are one of the best whole foods you can have, you should probably be eating more of em! These little silicon pods are easy to use (and just as importantly, easy to clean). (U.K.) (U.S.)

4. Foam Roller - Not just for in the gym you know! great to use on off days to help with recover and ease those tight muscles. (Also useful for working the core in a different way, see Bret Contreras post here) (U.K.) (U.S.)

5. Training gear - shorts, t-shirts, hoodies, track bottoms, all useful stuff. I used to be the guy in the scruffiest gear, but now I have to look a little smarter so I go for Under Armour. I like the feel of it and it performs really well. (U.K.) (U.S.)

6. Personal training sessions - Slightly shameless plug, but a good trainer can help motivate you and get you over any plateaus and help you take your training down a more focused route. There are loads of trainers out there,  but if you are in the Edinburgh area, give me a shout!

All links are to amazon.co.uk or amazon.com, I'm not affiliated in any way, I just found it easier to link there than anywhere else! Likewise for the Under Armour links.

Check back in tomorrow for the 7th day...

Stay healthy.




1 comment:

  1. The ideal abdominal exercise for fat loss are movements that function additional of the entire body and core rather than isolating the direct abdominals by means of a movement like the crunch. To truly get ripped abs you must burn the fat off of the belly. It doesn't matter how many ab exercises you do each day for those who have a fat stomach you'll never see them.

    ReplyDelete