Monday 22 August 2011

The workout...

 A couple of weeks ago I posted this article about the trainer-who-should-not-be-named. I looked at her "workout" and posted some clips of her talking about training. Then I had to stop as my brain was turning to mush and I was a little bit sick in my mouth every couple of minutes as I listened to her superb exercise and training knowledge drivel.

I figured its easy to knock someone. Not so easy to put out your own ideas for others to look at and critique as they see fit. So here is my workout that I've been doing over the last 2 months and seeing pretty decent results(if I may say!)

This an overview, that is, the general format with the approx percentages of my max lifts (put in as a 4 week cycle, which is repeated). Some exercises vary, as I am experimenting a little with different options to see how I react to them, and to see how they fit as part of the programme.

Monday - generally day 1 of the week for me, although if I have time, I may use sunday as day one, just to be a little wild...

Upper body push(Bench, dumbbell press, incline press)
Upper body pull (Seated rows, chest supported row, DB rows)
TRX row to ext rotation 3 x 10
Core circuit - TRX jackknife x 10
                      TRX bodysaw x 10
                       Plank x 30sec
Rest 1min and repeat for 3 circuits


Tuesday or Wednesday -
Squats, front squats, RFESS
TRX hamstring curls, Glute ham raise
Pull ups - Sets dependant on that weeks load
Explosive pushups -sets of 10, supersetted with pull up sets.       

Pallof 3 x 10
Cable rotations 3 x 10
Half kneeling hi-lo cable chop 3 x 10
Rest 1min and repeat for 3 circuits

Thursday or Friday -

Deadlift
Step up, Reverse lunge
Trx pushups 3 x 10

Kettlebell Windmills 10 per side
TRX body weight pallof 10 per side.
1 min rest and repeat for 3 circuits.

As for loads:
Week 1 is approx 70%
Week 2 is approx 80%
Week 3 is approx 90%
Week 4 is approx 60% (deload week)

That my friends is that!  Add in plenty of meat and veg, a couple of protein shakes, fish oil, BCAAs and loads of water and we have some pretty decent results!

Next time I'll break down my diet over this last 2 months and detail some of the gains I've seen from this programme.

I would love to hear any feedback on this post. Get in touch!



No comments:

Post a Comment