Friday 5 August 2011

Randomness...

I thought that for this post I would go a little random! Just some thoughts on a few things and I'd love if you guys had any comments/ thoughts on any of it, if you would just add them in the comments!


First off, I was squatting on Monday (I know, i know, squatting on Bench day? What was I thinking right?) so I loaded up the bar, about 300lbs, not a lot in some circles but I'm working on it! Got into position, lifted the weight off, stepped back feeling good, started down and felt the sole of my right trainer compact under the weight and slip to the right as I drive back up... Needless to say, knee and ankle on that side were ouchie. My ankle is still giving me pain 4 days later. Three things come to mind -

1. Thats what I get for squatting on Bench day,
2. I shouldn't have been squatting in my nikes, I know better than that. I normally go barefoot, and
3. I think its time to invest in some minimalist trainers. I've narrowed it down to 2 options,
 the Merrell Trail Glove, or the New Ballance Minimus.



I wondered if anyone has tried them out and can give me a recommendation? Gonna try them this weekend I think and see what i feel is best.

I was gonna go down the Nike Free route, but I think these might be the smarter option!







I got chatting with a contact on Twitter last week, she happens to work for SmartTec nutrition, the company that make Xcelr8+, a pre-workout formula designed to enhance your workout, improve focus and energy and get you pumped!



So, I asked if she'd tried it or knew of anyone who had. She said that they were getting good feedback on it but hadn't tried it herself. She sent me a few samples to try and I gave it a go yesterday...
It was definitely interesting! The Beta-Alanine makes you tingle... but other than that I'm not entirely sure I really noticed the benefits of the supplement. That said, I've only tried it once and it may be I need to try it again to assess it a bit better. Overall though, I'm not sure I'll continue with it, don't really see the benefits as I eat well, I've got good pre- and post workout nutrition and thats all you really need!

I've started up a new Bootcamp here in Edinburgh. Trying different locations on different nights to assess the best locations. Its going well so far but its gonna take time to build it, and my intention is to run these in conjunction with my personal training clients, hopefully developing some of the bootcamp people into personal training clients.


And one last thing, my other half and I are moving! Finally got pissed off enough by our current letting agents over an on-going problem after they got pissy with me when I was chasing them up on progress. Got straight onto the interwebz and after checking out a few possibilities found a great flat, closer to the beach, not too far from the centre of town, great size and slightly less money than we are paying now!

No comments:

Post a Comment