Wednesday 1 February 2012

Randomness to kick February off!

Hi Folks,

I hope all is well and with the first month of 2012 already in the books, I hope you are 1/12th of the way to the levels of awesome that you had planned for yourselves!






I thought I'd put out some random thoughts/ status report to start the month off. So here goes...

  • I started the week with this challenge from Bret Contreras' site. I scored 67. I learned that my incline press was pretty lacking (5 reps at 90kg), my pullups were average (10), front squats need work(10reps), but my glutes and hamstrings saved my score from being totally unsexy! Hip thrusts got me 15reps (only the second, but definitely not the last time I've done them!) and RDLs got me 27 before my grip gave out. Overall not bad. What did you guys all get? I'd love to hear...
  • Since January is over, the N.Y.R.s (New Year Resolutionists) have all but disappeared...Got to the gym on Monday morning, around 645 as usual, the car park was eerily quiet, the cardio machine were barely being used and there was no queue at the adductor/ abductor machines... Obviously didnt read any goals setting and achievement posts...
  • I've been reading a lot this last month as always, for Jan my reading list was:
  • The first 2 Jo Nesbo books, Described as the next Steig Larsson                                 
  • F*@k Calories ebook by Krista Scott-Dixon                                                               
  • Intermittent Fasting ebook by Dr John Berardi                                                            
  • re-read the nutrition section of Scrawny to Brawny by Dr Berardi                             
  • The Leader in You by Dale Carnegie                                                                           
  • about 30- 40 blog posts                                                                                                
  • a shit ton of atrticles online about performance, coaching, nutrition and leadership   
  • Been doing a lot to try to always keep a positive mindset too. It gets a bit tricky while I'm still doing a job i hate while I get the personal training off the ground. Unfortunately I need the money it gives me to pay the bills while I build the PT career. So I always focus on the positives, keep moving forward and I know I'll get where I want to be soon!
  • I've been working on getting a lot stronger, my big lifts (bench, deadlift and squat) are all pretty low numbers, so my aim for this year is to boost all those significantly by the end of the year. 
  • I joined fitocracy.com and I've been logging all my workouts there, its great for tracking progress. I also always have my notebook with me in the gym to log my training along with how each lift feels and any other notes I feel important.
There we have it.  Ill be back at the end of the week with a new edition of the Linkz, until then, stay healthy!

    No comments:

    Post a Comment