Saturday 30 April 2011

Holiday thinking time...

A bit of a random collection of thoughts today. I've been on holiday this last week so I've had some time to get caught up on some reading, get some training done (new gym, so it's been a nice change of scenery). Also had the usual tedious household chores, all while my lovely girlfriend has been in Dublin for a few days with her best friend! Still I've had a bit of peace and quiet so I'm not complaining (too) much.

A book I'm reading at the moment is "Do it Tomorrow" by Mark Forster, who also wrote "Get Everything Done and Still Have Time to Play."  Some interesting thoughts so far, about thinking about what you are not going to do as well as what you are going to do in order to complete a project or task. I'm going to find this useful I think as I'm great at procrastinating, (I was going to write this yesterday...) Also in the differences between rational (Thought - Decision - Action) and reactive (Stimulus - Reaction) thought processes. Made me realise just how I tend to think and act in certain circumstances, and how I can change my thought process to become so much more productive.

Also reading "Athletic Body in Balance" by Gray Cook. Not far into it yet, but already starting to think more about how to get clients to feel the movement and positioning when I instruct them rather than just showing ar telling them how it should be.

Just finished listening to the latest Strengthcoachpodcast with an interview with Nick Grantham. Some really interesting stuff on there about recovery strategies.  A lot to think about there, more than the blanket approach to recovery that a lot of people use. So I'll be investigating that to a greater detail too.





Also I just cooked up some of these and they smell and look amazing! 

As usual I'm on the Facebook and the Twitter, Hope everyone has an awesome weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment