Friday 22 April 2011

Easter update,

Its holiday time! I have 2 weeks off. 16 days to be exact. To say I'm happy about this would a major understatement!
I feel like I've been going non stop since before Christmas and I'm tired. Its all going to be worth the effort though. Far from being a 2 week laze around, I'm aiming to spend a lot of time on setting up my personal training business, plus its the Royal wedding next week and I'm soooo excited! I've already picked up most of the not-at-all tacky souvenir merchandise (can you feel the sarcasm?)

I've been reading a lot on business, marketing and all the related stuff that goes into it. Damn. Its a lot to think about but I'll find somewhere quiet, get some nice coffee and spend a day getting the basics into place. I've found the Alwyn Cosgrove section on the Strengthcoachpodcast really useful, the way he looks at things is great. Plus, he's also from Scotland, which makes him even cooler. I'll definitely be picking up a few of the books he has talked about to help fill in some of the gaps!

 I'm still reading a lot and I'll be putting up another edition of the links on Monday, and since I'm on holiday, it'll be even bigger than normal! I've read 2 books so far this month and I'm working on the third. I say working, because unlike the 1st two (The Moon is a Balloon- the autobiography of David Niven, which is excellently written and so entertaining, and The spy who came in from the Cold by John Le Carre) this is an anatomy book. I'm trying to become more knowledgeable on how the body works in order to make my clients as awesome as possible! So the book pile that has been stacking up for a while is getting lower, but there are more books on the way...

I've also been training. I'm coming to the end of phase 2 of Eric Cresseys "Maximum Strength" so its deload week for me! Thank goodness, because, as I may have mentioned, I'm tired. Next week will be good though, as I'm joining a new gym here in Edinburgh, Pure Gym. It seem to be relatively well kitted out. Typically for a commercial gym there are rows of cardio crap-ola, but there is a decent looking free weight section, power rack and Trx's ( amazingly, the UK is always behind the US in bringing in new equipment, TRX is still relatively unknown over here, I asked a trainer in my current gym if they had 1, and he hadn't even heard of it...) So everything I need to continue to work my ass off whilst getting concerned looks from the cardio crew as I lift heavier than 30% of my max and squat ATG. And if anyone even thinks of curling in the power rack...

Anyhow, thats enough of the randomness for this week. As always, I'm on facebook, here. And Twitter, here.

Enjoy your Easter weekend, don't eat too many chocolate bunnies...

No comments:

Post a Comment