Thursday 24 March 2011

What now?...

So its been almost a week since my exams, feeling good and I've got a few things to finish up course-wise. There is a basic marketing and business module, and while its not completely necessary for my level 3 qualification, I added it in as I've never ran my own business before so some basic knowledge would be a good start! I need to complete a first aid course, and, assuming my theory exams are good, I'll be registering as a Personal Trainer! Then the job search is on with a vengeance! 

In the meantime, I've been catching up on some fiction and autobiographical books I've either bought or had given to me as gifts. These have been piling up waiting for me to get round to reading them. So I'm making a start now...

I've also been catching up on some blogs, you should check out Bret Contreras' blog on core strength, I added a couple of these moves into my workout today, and I can definitely say they work you hard!
On the topic of workouts, I've been kinda slacking lately (ok, ok, really slacking. But come on, I've been working hard in prep for my exams!) so instead of jumping straight back in to Eric Cresseys "Maximum Strength" where I left off, I've been doing a couple of full body workouts this week to prepare for getting back to the programme. I think over all, the rest has been beneficial, I've not seen any major drop off in performance so far. I guess I'll find out all about it when I start back next week!

I've also been thinking about goal setting and what I'm gonna be aiming for in the 2nd quarter of the year. With the first 3 months almost over, I need to really think about the next steps and where I want to go and, more importantly, how I'm going to get there! Needless to say, when I have these goals formed, I'll be putting them up here. Doing this previously has really helped me focus in on them and work steadily towards achieving them.

I would love if anybody who reads this, (there does seem to be a couple of you!) has any goals or ideas on goal setting/ books for furthering my education in fitness or business would get in touch. I can be reached either through the comments on here, facebook (dave ballantine) or Twitter (B_FAST).

No comments:

Post a Comment