Wednesday 9 March 2011

Time for an update!

So here we are. 9th March 2011. 68 days into the year, or to put another way, 2/11ths of the year is gone. I hope everyones' goals are still on track! If you've slipped off course, learn why and get straight back to it!

As far as my own goals are concerned, I'm doing pretty well so far. I set a goal of 150 workouts for the year and so far I've completed 35 (with number 36 due tonight!) So that is almost a quarter of the way there on that one. Ahead of schedule!

As far as my improving diet is concerned, its coming along strong. I'm averaging between 6 and 9 portions of fruit and veg a day, managing to keep my protein up, carbs are low to mid (with the occasional slipup, I mean re-feed!) and my good fats are at good levels too. Don't get me wrong, I do have my days where I pig out, I'm only human after all, but these are limited andabout 90% of the time I'm doing well.

As far as qualifying as a trainer and quitting the happy happy world of retail, that is coming along. Still a ways to go, but its getting closer. In about 10 days I have my level 3 theory and practical exams. I feel confident about these but I'm not allowing myself to get to complacent so I'm studying a lot and trying to be as prepared as I possibly can be.

Once these are out of the way, I have a couple of smaller assessments to complete and then look out Edinburgh - here I come!

One area I am not too happy with myself is the amount of reading I've managed to get done. I still read all the blogs and articles I can manage, but I have a bunch of books gathering dust while I make the time to read them. Ironically, one of these books is on time management, but I don't seem to be able to find the time to read it!
At the top of the list is Gray Cooks "Athletic body in balance."  I got this for Christmas just past and I've been looking forward to getting stuck into it asap.

     

I've been interested in Grays work ever since I heard him on the Strength Coach Podcast, hosted by Anthony Renna. The F.M.S. developed by Gray and Lee Burton opened my eyes to the type of assessments that should be getting done on clients, instead of the old classic push-up, sit-up and running for time assessments that don't really tell much of anything.   His way of looking at how the body moves has helped me immensely in terms of my understanding of how all the bodys components come together and can have such a far reaching effect when something doesn't work as it should.
I'm really looking forward to checking it out in depth.

If you want to, you can follow me on Twitter, honestly I will tweet more than I do at the moment, or on Facebook (dave ballantine).

No comments:

Post a Comment