Sunday 16 January 2011

2 weeks in...

Hi folks, here we are 2 weeks into 2011. 50 to go, and I'll bet that there are people who are starting to quit their resolutions already. I can understand that, really, I can. I've been there, at the start of the year with some grand sweeping changes planned and after 2 weeks I'm back to the same old routine and feeling pissed off about failing. It sucks.

But what I've (finally) learned is that you have to be prepared and specific. For example, I've  set a goal of 150 workouts for the year, which is 3 a week. I'm right on track, 6 done so far and it feels good.
I've also planned to eat better and drink more water and less fizzy juice. So far so good. I'm eating lots more veg by taking a salad with me to work every day (except 2, but I'm better at prepring in advance now!), and taking full advantage of the water cooler near my desk and the water filter bottle I got for my Xmas. (Thanks zoe). I've cut out fizzy juice too.

Study is going well, getting more reading done at work while on lunch. It was so much easier than I thought it would be. I just deleted all the game apps on my iPhone and I had no more distractions (Damn you Angry birds!)

Getting up earlier is more of a challenge though. I have my alarm set for 6.15. But the damned snooze button is to tempting. Probably the late nights aren't helping. Need to be more organised and get to bed a little earlier, so I can get up a little earlier which means I get more done, so I get more tired and get to bed a bit earlier so I can... well, you get the point!

However, there are always obstacles. Little roadblocks that pop up to mess your plans up and derail your plans. The important point here is to plan your actions in case of one of these nasty little asshole roadblocks popping up. There is always a way to keep the plan on track, your challenge is to find it!
Family, work, friends etc etc etc. They all are important, but so are you. So make the time to make sure you get what you need and everything else will benefit too.

So to achieve your goals, make a plan, make it specific and stick with it, plan responses to any potential roadblocks you can think of and you can and will succeed.
I would love to hear about anybodys goals for the year, how you plan to achieve them and how you proceed through the upcoming 12 months.
You can contact me on Facebook at dave ballantine, or on Twitter @B_Fast.

Looking forward to hopefully hearing from you!

No comments:

Post a Comment