Friday 24 December 2010

Tis the season....

So after all my talk last post of hitting 3 workouts each week etc. this week I've managed 1. Thats right, 1. One single workout. Out of 3! 0.3333 of my intended workouts got done. Sometimes stuff just gets in the way of the best laid plans... A combination of family stuff, work, Christmas shopping (which in typical fashion, I completed on Christmas Eve at approx 1630!) got between me and the Plan.

The point is I got one good workout in, I didn't eat brilliantly all week but I did well enough, didnt really get enough study done but got a couple hours done, so I did make some progress so I'm happy with that. It'll only get better in the coming weeks, (and I will get more posts up on here!)

The study I've done this week has been on Anatomy:

1. The Skeletal System
2. Joints and connective tissues,
3. Muscles, origins and attachments,

Its been a lot of reading. Very interesting stuff, I think I'm turning into an anatomy geek! Don't think that's a bad thing though, some of the best coaches out there are self-confessed anatomy geeks (Eric Cressey, Bret Contreras and Mike Robertson amongst many others).
A good coach/ trainer has to have  a good understanding of anatomy in order to be able to coach well. To be able to understand how the body moves and coach improvements and increase strength and movement performance is vital. So every chance I get I'm reading blogs, articles and textbooks on anatomy. Constantly aiming to improve my knowledge as much as I possibly can. This is on top of the rest of the info I need to learn for the course. (Obviously, given the start of this post, not so much last week!)

Anyways... It Christmas Eve, I've got my pressies wrapped, a nice cold beer waiting with my lovely, festively crazed girlfriend, so I'm off to relax (and mentally prepare for the beast of cheat meal days tomorrow).

So I hope anyone reading this has an amazing Christmas and I'll be back before New Year for a post or 2 (thats my plan anyway!)

Hope Santa is good to you all...

No comments:

Post a Comment