Friday 10 December 2010

Episode 2: getting you up to date...

Here we are again. I thought that this post would get us up to  date on how I got to this point, a bit more about my studying, a little on my training and we'll see what else I can fit in!

So, when I started this course I''m on, I had a reasonable idea of what was in store. What I didn't realise was the extent where this becomes a way of life! Before I started the course, my nutrition was all over the shop! Training was, well, lets just say I lifted heavy(ish) stuff but there was no rhyme nor reason to it! For both of these areas I was probably suffering from "paralysis by analysis." There is so much info out there, and to someone new (or not so new!) to training it can be exceptionally confusing!


Once I started though, I was able to focus my interest. I not only had the course notes to follow, but I also was able to be smarter about what info to filter out and what to keep.
About this time, I finally joined the cult of Apple! Yeah, I know, what took me so long? I always looked at Apple as the poor relative of the mighty PC. I was wrong, I love my iPhone. My girlfriend is a confirmed Apple fan, love the iBook and desktop badboy she has ( I used to think she was a poor mis-guided soul - I'm an idiot). Anyway the point is I discovered iTunes, and podcasts and The Fitcast and The StrengthCoach podcast. This changed everything about my training and nutrition through Kevin Larrabee, Dr Jon Fass and Leigh Peele and the awesome lineup of guests - many of which you can check out through my blog roll.
Thus ensued a large amount of study and my knowledge increased by huge amounts through a combination of my notes and extra reading. The funny thing is, the more I read, the more I want to find out. There is so much to find out, this has to be a lifestyle thing, not just a job!
Through all this work, I would defy anyone not to change their lifestyle a little, everthing you learn, the results you can see and the evidence that is presented is too much to ignore! Eating a little better, being a little more focused in workouts and a little more conscientious in the study. I've loved it all, even the tiredness from early morning study sessions before work! (it is a bit easier when what you are doing is what you've always wanted to)!

i'll go into more depth with various aspects of training/nutrition/ study etc as the weeks go on, but thats it for now.

p.s. I tried adding a follow me button for my twitter feed but the link didnt work, so if anyone does read this and is interested in following me, my twitter name is B_FAST.

No comments:

Post a Comment