Wednesday 20 July 2011

TRX adventures

I have to admit, I was late to the TRX party. I was aware of it, but none of the gyms I used had one (1 trainer looked at me like I was talking gibberish when I asked if there was one in the gym)




When the gym I currently in (Pure at Ocean terminal) has a dedicated TRX station, that and the fact that it costs a third of the monthly fee and is better equipped than most gyms in Edinburgh (plus its 24hr opening means I can workout whenever I fancy it!) was the clincher.

Needless to say, other than a few half-hearted bodyweight rows being done, it's pretty much deserted most of the time.





Which is good for me! I've been adding lots of TRX exercises to my training and I love it and now I have bought one of my own, I can get some great workouts done outwith the gym setting, not to mention all the delights my clients get to work on. Mwah hah hah hah hah!

I thought I would take this opportunity to share some of my favourite TRXercises (see what I did there?) with you guys.

Rows:


RFESS:


Suspended hamstring curls:


Fallouts:



Thats just a few of the exercises I've been adding into my training to supplement lifting heavy stuff off the ground and then putting it back down again! 

I'd love to hear any particular options that you guys are using in your training, so you can leave a comment, get me on the Facebook or on the Twitter.

No comments:

Post a Comment