Wednesday 8 June 2011

moh-tuh-vey-shuhn

mo·ti·va·tion  [moh-tuh-vey-shuhn–noun

1.  the act or an instance of motivating.
2.  the state or condition of being motivated.
3.  something that motivates;  inducement; incentive.
 
What motivates you? What is it that makes you get out to the gym or into the park and train? 
 
 
 
Motivation can be intrinsic or extrinsic. In other words, it can come from within, or it can come from an external source. Intrinsic motivation comes from an interest or enjoyment of whatever task is being done. Extrinsic motivation is from an external source. the offer of money, prizes or even the threat of punishment provides the driving force to complete a task.
For me, it's because I like the way I feel after a good, hard training session. I like that I can go through my day knowing that any physical effort I need to undertake in my day to day life is easily manageable. I like the feeling of being able to help my friends and family take steps towards being healthier and fitter. I am making this my career. So I get up early, I read, I study, I train. This is my motivation. 

Whats yours?





No comments:

Post a Comment