Sunday 6 February 2011

Long time, no see....

I'll admit it...I've been slacking with posting on here. Its been a busy week but that is no excuse. I just haven't taken the time to write on this. I'll do better. Promise!

Since it's been a while since my last post, this one might (then again, it might not!) be a little longer than previous entries and I'll be back with another entry soon.

Last week I completed another section of my theory study for my REPS level 3 course, I did the mock theory exam online and scored 80 %. Not bad, but I want to do better. I'm now working through more of the course work building towards my theory exam, practical assessment and program design assessment in March. So I'm reading lots and just working to get as much knowledge into my head as possible. So far, so good!

Training has been  going well too. I've just completed my first week of Eric Cresseys "Maximum Strength". It's progressing well, although I haven't done upper/ lower splits as used in the book for a while in my training. I've been enjoying the challenges so far. Leg days suck though! But its been an interesting week. Onto week 2 this week, so I'll keep updating on how its going... I put up my current lift maxes a couple of posts ago so it will be interesting to see how they improve.

Some links that I've found interesting/ funny/ useful:
Precision Nutritions' John Berardi explains what elite level coaches do.

Some interesting stuff from Nick Tumminello on pre- and post-workout nutrition. 

Bret Contreras answers a question on quad:hamstring strength ratio


Chris Beardsley puts up some great links...

And then I saw this and laughed a lot...
So you want to be a Personal Trainer???

Anyways... I'll be back soon, and I promise that I'll be more consistent at posting....

You can contact me (if you want to!) on facebook - dave ballantine, or on Twitter B_fast

No comments:

Post a Comment